Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Bock Bock Birthday

After two weeks of no Chickenheads (for me), it felt good to get back to the group last night. Although Rugby was missing - still on her vacation in Ireland, poor thing -- it was a festive evening as we celebrated Miss Sunshine's birthday. She is turning a full 26 years old, so needless to say the rest of us felt terribly sad for her elderly status.

During the first year of the Chickenhead's existence, birthdays were a big deal. I think we were all so excited to be a part of this group and wanted to show appreciation to everyone when their special day came. This involved a huge balloon, a cake and a present from the group, usually knitting related. It was a fun year and we all got the royal treatment. But once the last birthday was celebrated we all quietly agreed that we can tone it down for the future. I mean, this economy is hurting everyone and we can celebrate each other without forking over $20/each every few weeks.

So we celebrated Miss Sunshine with a nice big balloon and tasty grocery store cupcakes and even found a lone candle for her to blow out, while wearing a birthday tiara of course.

The rest of the night was nice and mellow, with Bubbles doing her normal rounds of helping the lesser skilled knitters. She helped get me back on track with my ear flap hat and taught CertainT how to increase.

The girls also made plans to get together at Obamette's house Sunday night to watch the Tony Awards. I opted to pass on that extravaganza as there is only so much hysteria over Broadway shows and performers I've never heard of that I can take (as I wrote about here). But I wish them all a wonderful evening of Big Apple entertainment.

Til next week, Bock Bock.

No comments:

Post a Comment