Monday, April 27, 2009

Hormones, Knitting and "Unmentionables"

I swear I need to bring a tape recorder to knitting night if I want to capture the range of topics we cover in three hours. Since last week was our first meeting as a "full henhouse" in our normal roost (CertainT's house), we were bursting at the seams with blogworthy content. But when I got home, my mind a little buzzed and in overdrive from seeing my girls again, it was all a jumble. So I attempted to brainstorm a list of the topics that stood out the most.

Honestly, the list stands alone. So here it is - with relevant links added.

1. The difficulty of casting on with double pointed needles (related to the ear flap hat I decided to start that night, which was passed around to three different chickenheads until someone - Bubbles - was successful in getting it started for me).

2. Anal bleaching - Yes, there is such a thing. One of the 'heads saw a show with Margaret Cho who has apparently had this inane cosmetic procedure. I refused to believe this actually exists until CertainT brought out the laptop (note: CertainT is notoriously anti-computer so the fact that this was the topic that motivated her to break out the computer in the middle of knitting night is humorous enough:-) and pulled up an online video of the actual procedure. I didn't get up and walk around the room to watch it. But not because I wasn't curious - it's just these damn crutches make it too much of a pain in the, ugh, ass. I am all little too creeped out to link to the video here (I opted for the sanitized Wikipedia link above) for fear of attracting fetishists to this site. So if you you really want to know, I'm sure you can figure it out yourself.

3. Hormones - I don't think this subject has ever NOT come up during knitting night. Probably has something to do with the number of hot flash sufferers in the group.

4. Strawberry beer - Bubbles brought some kind of strawberry infused beer. I tried it (in fact, I took my percoset with it!) but wasn't a fan. But hey, worth a taste.

5. Testosterone - Apparently, injections of it can make some women extremely horny. Others, not so much.

6. Increase in shoe size after having a baby - Each of the three 'heads who have given birth all went up at least 1 shoe size during - and forever after - their pregancy. One more reason to hit the 'snooze' button on my maternal alarm clock? I'm already a size 9 for goodness sake!

Let's see what my pain pill-riddled brain chooses to remember from this week's group!

Bock, bock.

No comments:

Post a Comment